Advanced Energy and Transport Planning
You’ll delve deep into energy and transport planning and policy at the local, national and international scales.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2021|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe and evaluate energy and transport systems with specific regard to environmental effects.
- Discuss the relationship between transport energy requirements and urban form and function.
- Explain and discuss the relevant legislative framework, national, regional and local policy and planning documents relevant to energy and transportation systems in the context of New Zealand.
- Elaborate on energy and transport system’s ownership and governance structure, and how it influences the composition, operational characteristics and implications for land use.
- Model an energy or transport system and analyse the importance of various assumptions.
- Evaluate energy and transport policy issues within the context of the system to which they belong.
Dr Shannon Page
Head of Department
Department of Environmental Management[email protected]