Advanced Field Research
You’ll gain experience in the conception, conduct and communication of field research work and the use of a range of soil or ecological survey techniques.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand how to conceive and design a research project, including the formulation of good questions and realistic research goals.
- Know how to safely and ethically collect field data in different systems to answer a range of questions.
- Appreciate the real-world constraints to potential field research solutions.
- Manage, analyse and interpret field data.
- Identify and describe soils, plants, and animals.
- Communicate research in written and oral form.
- Accumulate a range of broadly applicable skills including time management, field work logistics, critical thinking and communication.
- Critically assess scientific literature and write a critical review on an environmental problem.
Dr Timothy Curran
Department of Pest Management and Conservation[email protected]
Dr Henry Chau
Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences[email protected]