Advanced Financial Accounting
An advanced study of the recording and reporting of selected financial accounting issues with an emphasis on group financial statements.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2021|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate a good understanding of theories and concepts underlying published consolidated financial statements.
- Have a solid grasp of a wide range of accounting issues such as company tax accounting and financial instruments.
- Understand a wide range of accounting issues of related party disclosure and segment reporting standard.
- Be able to evaluate a wide range of accounting issues of foreign currency transactions.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements that include complex transactions.
- Critically appraise the present accounting standards on consolidations.
Dr Carol Cheong
Department of Financial and Business Systems[email protected]