Advanced Geographic Information Systems A
A course to introduce you to how Geographic Information Systems are used in the modelling and analysis of spatial problems.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe both the raster and vector data models in Geographic Information Systems.
- Be able to coherently solve spatial problems and competently apply spatial analysis techniques to the raster and vector models.
- Recognise the value data quality brings to Geographic Information Systems.
- Be proficient with the ArcGIS software suite.
- Apply Geographic Information Systems skills to a discipline-specific integrated project.
- Build your basic cartographic skills.
- Incorporate GPS and Remote Sensing data into your Geographic Information Systems analysis.
- Be self-reliant in solving Geographic Information Systems challenges, and display a coherent, consistent approach to solving spatial problems.
Dr Crile Doscher
School of Landscape Architecture[email protected]