Advanced Professional Planning Methods and Practice
You’ll evaluate the issues that arise in the provision of professional planning services and the use of professional planning methods.
This course is offered online as part of the Master of Planning programme.
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2024|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Become conversant in various techniques and tools used in gathering and organising information in support of planning and plan-making processes, understand the appropriate applications and limitations of those techniques and tools, and understand planning research methods.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge about the field of planning and professional planning practice, with particular reference to Aotearoa-New Zealand urban and regional planning.
- Engage in rigorous intellectual and professional planning analysis, criticism and problem-solving.
- Describe, explain and apply planning processes and structures.
- Understand the particular set of circumstances and issues facing urban and regional areas of the Canterbury region and the use of planning methods to respond to these circumstances and issues.
Faculty of Environment, Society and DesignOluwafemi.Olajide@lincoln.ac.nz