Advanced Social Psychology of Wellbeing
You’ll carry out an advanced investigation of accounts, theories and concepts of social psychological wellbeing and their application within a range of social, cultural and environmental contexts.
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain in detail the interconnections between aspects and dimensions of the social psychology of wellbeing.
- Provide an account of the evolutionary and developmental contexts of human wellbeing.
- Analyse, evaluate and synthesise different leading accounts of wellbeing in current psychological perspectives.
- Compare, contrast and integrate perspectives on and theories of wellbeing.
- Apply theories of the social psychology of wellbeing in a considered and insightful way to specific issues of significance at local, national and global levels and evaluate their usefulness and appropriateness.
- Present and communicate complex issues in group situations.
- Think critically and synthesise empirical, theoretical and conceptual findings
Professor Kevin Moore
Faculty of Environment, Society and Design[email protected]