Advanced Soil Science
You’ll grow your knowledge of advanced soil science, delving into biogeochemistry and climate change science, as well as pedology (soil information systems) and then apply that science to sustainable land use issues.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2021|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain key pedogenic processes and feedbacks among soil biology and above-ground ecosystems.
- Interpret, analyse and synthesise soil data into a report.
- Design field soil sampling campaigns for soil surveys of intermediate intensity.
- Explain the soil biogeochemistry of C and N and their relevance to primary production and climate change.
- Write scientific reports in an ethical manner.
Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences[email protected]