Advanced Sport and Recreation Management
You’ll get an insight into the issues affecting the strategic management of the sport and recreation sector.
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2022|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Critically describe theoretical concepts underpinning sport and recreation.
- Evaluate and discuss the complex nature, characteristics and behaviour of sport and recreation participants.
- Explain and apply understanding of sport and recreation as a business.
- Describe and assess the products, structure, operations and interactions within the recreation sector in New Zealand and internationally.
- Outline the relationships between sport and recreation and the broader social, cultural, economic, political and environmental context, and at a variety of scales.
- Evaluate management approaches utilised in the running of sport and recreation.
- Select and apply appropriate research skills and techniques to specific sport and recreation management issues.
- Plan, implement, manage and critically evaluate sport and recreation projects.
- Apply highly effective organisation and time management skills.
- Analyse and synthesise sport and recreation management issues from a range of scales and disciplinary perspectives.
- Use sophisticated oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present concepts and ideas to a wide range of professional and community stakeholders.
- Analyse and critique strategic planning, marketing and sponsorship processes.
Professor Roslyn Kerr
Faculty of Environment, Society and Design[email protected]