Advanced Theory in Resource Studies
This course covers theoretical and methodological approaches to the inter-disciplinary study of natural resources.
|Available semesters||Semester 1 2022|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the contrasts and similarities between several disciplinary ’frames of reference’ in the study of natural resources.
- Choose appropriate theoretical and methodological approaches for the inter-disciplinary study of natural resources.
- Produce a systematic and detailed analysis of a natural resource issue utilising an inter-disciplinary approach.
- Write and present a symposium paper to a professional academic standard.
- Develop insights into how divergent values can underpin the different groups, theoretical approaches and disciplines involved in the study of natural resources and the practice of environmental management.
Dr Sarah Edwards
Department of Environmental Management[email protected]