Advanced Urban, Regional and Resource Planning
This course introduces you to urban, regional and resource planning theory, practice and politics.
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2022|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Critically examine the approaches, processes and methods used for planning and environmental management from a theoretical perspective.
- Understand professional planning practice, knowledge and required skills, including the essence of plan formulation, design, implementation and evaluation.
- Recognise the current institutional arrangements for planning and environmental management in Aotearoa-New Zealand at national, regional and local government levels.
- Appreciate the political environment within which planning takes place.
- Understand the ethical dimensions of planning in a democratic, market-led economy.
- Appreciate the breadth and variety of relevant planning perspectives.
Dr Suzanne Vallance
Department of Environmental Management[email protected]