Advanced Urban, Regional and Resource Planning
This course introduces you to urban, regional and resource planning theory, practice and politics.
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Critically examine the approaches, processes and methods used for planning and environmental management from a theoretical perspective.
- Understand professional planning practice, knowledge and required skills, including the essence of plan formulation, design, implementation and evaluation.
- Recognise the current institutional arrangements for planning and environmental management in Aotearoa-New Zealand at national, regional and local government levels.
- Appreciate the political environment within which planning takes place.
- Understand the ethical dimensions of planning in a democratic, market-led economy.
- Appreciate the breadth and variety of relevant planning perspectives.
Faculty of Environment, Society and DesignOluwafemi.Olajide@lincoln.ac.nz