Agribusiness Strategic Management
You’ll identify the major factors that impact on agribusiness management decisions and strategies you can use to manage the business.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2024|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the principles of strategic management and competitive advantage in an agribusiness context.
- Apply the concepts of strategic management to the key decisions undertaken by agribusiness firms both in NZ and internationally.
- Apply strategic management concepts to the analysis of agribusiness issues across the value chain (inputs, production, procurement, processing, and marketing).
- Explain different agribusiness ownership structures and how this may impact on performance.
- Understand the nature of listed agribusiness companies and the dynamics of these companies on the sharemarket.
- Identify, understand and address problems and opportunities in agribusiness companies and supply chains.
- Know appropriate approaches, methods and tools to analyse, evaluate and solve problems related to real-world agribusiness companies and value chains.
- Apply a wholistic approach to address complex issues within multiple areas of agribusiness and food value chains.
Dr Nic Lees
Department of Agribusiness and Marketsnic.firstname.lastname@example.org