Agricultural and Horticultural Engineering
You’ll learn all about the development of agricultural and horticultural design, water resources, machinery and crop support structures.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 1 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the key principles of surface groundwater resources, water supply and irrigation systems.
- Understand the operation of centre pivot and trickle irrigation systems.
- Recognise the key principles of new technologies in agriculture including Precision agriculture, robotics, and online monitoring.
- Describe how an internal combustion engine (2 Stroke / 4 Stroke) operate.
- Understand the design process of a component, including critical discussions, developing a business model, making a prototype and marketing presentation Research and present a competent written and oral report on an engineering related topic.
Dr Majeed Safa
Department of Land Management and Systems[email protected]