Analysis and Planning in Agricultural Systems
You’ll undertake an analysis of farm business, management and production systems and how to apply strategic management, as well as analysis for efficient, sustainable and profitable resource use.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Determine the complex interrelationships between business, financial, family, environmental and technical factors shaping production and management decisions.
- Interpret the factors affecting the design of production and management systems in a variety of environments and the principles and skills needed for the evaluation, control and improvement of such systems.
- Use appropriate analysis techniques to measure a farm systems performance and to evaluate options for improving that performance.
- Identify and evaluate risks to a farm business, quantify their significance in the context of the farmers risk profile and make appropriate recommendations for risk management.
- Communicate appropriately with farmers and rural professionals to make recommendations and express opinions on management improvements.
Department of Land Management and Systems[email protected]