Analysis of Agricultural Systems
You’ll grow your knowledge of farm management analytical techniques and consider how to put that knowledge into practice and consider how to successfully manage a farm as a business.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Apply appropriate approaches, methods and tools to analyse, evaluate and solve problems related to real world agricultural production management issues.
- Recognise how the practice of agricultural management requires lifelong learning and the constant updating of your skills and technologies.
- Estimate farm debt requirements, key levels of taxation and financial literacy and understand their influence on a business.
- Analyse a farming business’s financial and productive position and performance using rural accounts, budgets and cash-flows.
- Critically evaluate risks and implement mitigation and avoidance strategies.
Dr Jacob Kambuta
Faculty of Agribusiness and Commerce[email protected]