This will introduce you to the structure and function of vertebrate animals with an emphasis on mammals. Together we will examine the scientific principles of homeostasis, reproduction, lactation, nutrition and growth.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2022|
Please note: This course can’t be fully completed online as you will need to be on campus to complete some activities.
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the web of causation for selected ailments of livestock
- Discuss disease control measures, particularly for certain illnesses
- Assess the likelihood of veterinary medicines or pesticides entering the human food chain
- Investigate the manipulations carried out on-farm covered by animal welfare legislation
- Understand the importance of animal quarantine and biosecurity to Aotearoa New Zealand agriculture
- Collate, critically review and communicate information effectively to lay and expert audiences.
Dr Jim Gibbs
Department of Agricultural Sciences[email protected]