This will introduce you to the structure and function of vertebrate animals with an emphasis on mammals. Together we will examine the scientific principles of homeostasis, reproduction, lactation, nutrition and growth.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2021|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the basic disciplines of nutrition, reproduction, lactation and growth across animal species, and how they interrelate
- Expand your knowledge of important factors in animal health and welfare
- See how science is applied in the real world through first-hand practical experience
- Work independently and as a team to solve problems by collecting, processing and interpreting data
- Learn a sense of social responsibility and an understanding of the contribution of agriculture and food production to the welfare of humanity.
Dr Craig Bunt
Department of Agricultural Sciences[email protected]