Annual Crop Production
You’ll look at the principles of intensive crop production that align with practical management of important economic field crops to Aotearoa-New Zealand.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the basic first principles involved in crop production.
- Understand different cropping systems in Aotearoa-New Zealand and around the world.
- Articulate the management of a range of Aotearoa-New Zealand grown crops.
- Identify different crop types and their growth stages.
- Apply computing skills in recording, manipulating, analysing and presenting crop farm data.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in a range of crop systems in Aotearoa-New Zealand.
- Apply ‘best practice’ in farm systems management, for outcomes of crop product, environment and sustainable resource use.
Dr Thomas M R Maxwell
Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences[email protected]