Brewing and Fermentation Technology
Become familiar with the technology used to produce high quality fermented and brewed products such as beer, and understand the chemical and biochemical processes involved, as well as understanding the relationship between the raw materials and the fermented products.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 1 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe and explain the influence of the raw material composition and technology on the brewed or fermented product
- Evaluate the relative benefits of different raw materials to effectively produce beer or another fermented product
- Describe how the biochemical and physical stability of beer and other fermented products affect their shelf-life, smell, look and taste, and processing
- Analyse beer and other fermented products using common international laboratory techniques to a high standard
- Write clear, accurate and insightful reports from experiments and existing literature.
Professor Stephen On
Associate Dean of Research
Department of Food, Wine and Molecular Biosciences[email protected]