This course introduces building form and function, methods of construction and materials applicable to legislation in Aotearoa New Zealand.
|Available semesters||Semester 1 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the legislation that regulates the building industry in Aotearoa-New Zealand
- Identify the roles of the participants in the New Zealand building industry
- Correctly identify common building forms, functions, construction types and materials, then critically evaluate their quality and performance characteristics
- Interpret then evaluate construction drawing and plans
- Communication effectively with consumers, building professionals, regulators and members of the building trades.
Dr Majeed Safa
Department of Land Management and Systems[email protected]