With this course, you’ll examine contemporary developments in landscape design, from theory through to the practice of complex site planning, design and implementation.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 1 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate independent learning, time management and problem-solving skills relevant to a complex design brief.
- Develop a multi-scalar inventory of ecological, cultural and socio-economic information from a range of theoretical and professional sources.
- Analyse broad scale land use issues illustrating an awareness of sense of place, environmental sustainability and human well-being within a statutory context.
- Evaluate site-level options applying an appreciation of landform manipulation, natural processes and bicultural values.
- Design an innovative but realistic and conceptually sophisticated master plan that is technically sound and critically grounded.
Faculty of Environment, Society and Design[email protected]