Concepts in Sport and Recreation
A guide to the start of your journey into the world of sport and recreation management, you’ll be introduced to the concepts, organisations and frameworks within the sector.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Outline the roles of the individual, public sector, not for profit sector, and the commercial sector in sport and recreation provision.
- Explain the historical development of sport and recreation in Aotearoa-New Zealand.
- Understand the concepts of sport, recreation, leisure, gender, race and ethnicity and apply these ideas to examples in Aotearoa-New Zealand.
- Reference academic work using the APA referencing system.
- Demonstrate familiarity with gender, ethnicity, and equity issues.
- Appreciate the cultural and historical issues associated with the development and operation of sport and recreation including bicultural issues applicable to Aotearoa-New Zealand.
Faculty of Environment, Society and Design[email protected]