CPA Advanced Audit and Assurance
An advanced study of external and internal audit procedures plus how international standards can be applied to complex audits.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
Your Academic Program is M.Professional Accting (CPA), 7761
your Academic Program is M.Professional Accting (CPA), 7762
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Define and apply the framework for audit and review engagements and assurance engagements (other than audits or reviews).
- Explain then apply the requirements of the audit, review and assurance standards that are applicable to audit and review engagements and assurance engagements (other than audits or reviews).
- Identify business risks and assess audit materiality.
- Identify and describe the various types of assurance engagements and the role of the internal audit function.
- Identify the legal and professional requirements for audit and review reporting.
- Explain the purpose and role of performance audits.
- Design the audit process to be undertaken by auditors in conducting audit and assurance engagements.
- Apply the relevant auditing standards to the assessment for fraud and going concern in an audit of financial statements.
- Apply advanced evidence-gathering techniques and carry out tests of controls and substantive audit procedures.
- Examine various types of reporting (associated with reasonable, limited or no assurance).
- Carry out the performance audit.
- Recognise the importance of the quality control standards for audit and assurance engagements.
- Appreciate the fundamental ethical principles for the auditing profession.
- Appreciate the value of learning from others by participating in group discussions and team work.