CPA Ethics and Governance
You’ll have a strong grounding in the application of ethical principles. Also, you’ll gain a deep understanding of key corporate governance principles and mechanisms.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
Your Academic Program is M.Professional Accting (CPA), 7761
your Academic Program is M.Professional Accting (CPA), 7762
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2021|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain and expound, from a global perspective, the nature of the accounting profession and the role of accountants.
- Describe key governance and regulatory frameworks, including international perspectives on corporate governance and the roles of various stakeholders.
- Advise on the expectations placed on various internal and external stakeholders arising from organisational governance responsibilities.
- Be highly informed on the nature and role of corporate social responsibility, including climate change and sustainable development.
- Apply the key professional responsibilities of an accountant from the perspective of a member of CPA Australia.
- Identify the strategic, leadership and global issues impacting accountants and the accounting profession.
Faculty of Agribusiness and Commerce[email protected]