CPA Financial Risk Management
After this advanced study you’ll be well aware of the financial risks faced by businesses and armed with the key mechanisms and frameworks used to address and manage risk.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
Your Academic Program is M.Professional Accting (CPA), 7761
your Academic Program is M.Prof Accting (CPA) (Online), 7762
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain risk and a risk management framework and identify the types of financial risk faced by an organisation.
- Describe the funding, liquidity, interest rate, foreign exchange, commodity price, credit and operational risk faced by organisations.
- Determine responsibilities for financial risk and regulatory requirements, and the control framework to manage both financial and operational risks.
- Understand the main types of derivatives.
- Apply a practical approach to assessing, monitoring and managing an organisation's financial risk.
- Advise an organisation on the procurement and management of funding and the allocation to competing long-term investments.
- Inform an organisation on the types of financial instruments that could be used to best manage an organisation’s financial risk.
- Demonstrate the practical elements of accounting for derivatives, for both embedded derivatives and derivatives used for hedging purposes.
Dr Michael Zhang
Senior Lecturer in Accounting
Department of Financial and Business Systems[email protected]