CPA Strategic Management Accounting
Expand your knowledge and skills through an advanced study of the theory and practice of management accounting, and an examination of the role management accounting plays in business decision-making and business strategy.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
Your Academic Program is M.Professional Accting (CPA), 7761
your Academic Program is M.Professional Accting (CPA), 7762
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the role of a management accountant as trusted advisor and business partner in supporting strategy development and day-to-day operations.
- Communicate the role of performance measurement and control systems in the value creation, strategy implementation and monitoring of performance in order to improve strategies.
- Examine the strategic management accountant’s role in project selection, planning, implementation, control and monitoring, project completion and review.
- Discuss what stakeholders need to assist decision-making and provide tailored information as a solution.
- Apply strategic management accounting tools and techniques to improve the contribution and sustainability of activities that create value
- Capably apply strategic management process, organisational and industry value analysis to evaluate drivers of value and cost to enable the reconfiguring of value chains.
- Design an effective budgeting system that incorporates uncertainty to assist in strategy development.
- Fully appreciate the benefits and value of participating in group activities and team sessions to support your learning.
Associate Professor Tracy-Anne De Silva
Department of Financial and Business Systems[email protected]