Development and Investment in Agricultural Systems
You’ll be shown how to look for opportunities in agriculture, entrepreneurship, development and financial analysis. You’ll identify the major factors that impact on agribusiness management decisions and strategies you can use to manage the business.
Please note: You will need to pay for your travel to the start of the compulsory New Zealand based field tour associated with this course, but all other travel, accommodation and subsistence costs are covered by course fees.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2024|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Analyse the ownership of a farm business, its financial stability and its profitability
- Obtain information on alternative land uses appropriate to a particular farm
- Prepare robust customised development plans, by generating novel solutions for real farm problems, which meet farm owner personal objectives
- Evaluate the determinants of growth and equity creation
- Recognise how the practice of agricultural management requires lifelong learning and the constant application of updating skills and technologies
- Evaluate key features of the business environment that will affect business viability and growth.
Department of Land Management and Systemsbruce.firstname.lastname@example.org