An introduction and exploration of the general linear regression model, as applied to the analysis of non-experimentally generated sample data. This includes diagnostic testing and model-specification analysis.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the theory and practically apply the regression models used in applied economic and financial analyses.
- Estimate and draw inferences using single-equation linear regression models for both cross-sectional and time series data.
- Estimate and interpret the ceteris paribus effects of economic variables on a variable of interest in an econometric model.
- Be proficient in economic data analysis, and appreciate the strengths and limitations of econometric modelling.
- Apply econometric skills and understanding to basic empirical research, and to reading journal articles.
Associate Professor Baiding Hu
Head of Department
Department of Global Value Chains and Trade[email protected]