Economies and Markets
A study of how economies and markets operate at both microeconomic and macroeconomic levels.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the basic principles of economics and models of economic analysis.
- Identify how economic principles influence business activities and decision-making processes of individuals, companies, governments and society.
- Explain fundamental concepts of imports and exports as they apply to Aotearoa-New Zealand.
- Apply basic economic principles to both private and public management of business, social and environmental problems.
- Implement basic techniques of cost-benefit analysis to private and public problems, then make policy recommendations based on welfare maximisation.
- Understand the analysis-policy intersection that suggests economic policy should be based on analysis but directed by values.
Professor Alan Renwick
Associate Dean Research, Head of Department
Department of Global Value Chains and Trade[email protected]