You’ll be introduced to engineering applications around the farm, including structures, materials and building technology, water technology, land information systems and surveying, as well as machines and electricity, engineering impacts and hazards.
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2021|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Be able to obtain information from plans, maps and aerial photographs.
- Have a basic understanding of farm building concepts and properties of construction materials
- Describe basic systems of water systems including pumping, transport, extraction and irrigation systems.
- Have a basic understanding of agricultural and horticultural machinery, particularly tractors.
- Describe methods of tillage, pesticide application, harvesting and important aspects of agricultural and horticultural machine safety.
- Develop you skill to have a practical communication with engineers and use their engineering knowledge on farms.
Dr Majeed Safa
Department of Land Management and Systems[email protected]