Environmental Monitoring and Resource Assessment
An introduction to environmental monitoring for effective resource management.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 1 2022|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe how Aotearoa-New Zealand’s statutory framework manages natural resources and mandates their assessment, monitoring and reporting.
- Apply best practice principles of environmental monitoring and resource assessment to real-world scenarios.
- Demonstrate that you understand the challenges and limitations of resource assessment, environmental monitoring and technologies, and can problem-solve accordingly.
- Explain fundamental ecological and environmental quality processes and parameters.
- Apply theory, procedures and protocols to the design and collection of environmental data.
- Use your knowledge of environmental data and appropriate tools to improve management and outcomes.
- Apply a critical perspective to environmental monitoring theory and practice.
Dr Steve Urlich
Faculty of Environment, Society and Design[email protected]