You’ll explore the theory and research behind professional and strategic approaches to event management at a range of scales and from conceptualisation to evaluation.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 1 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of event management theory.
- Define and explain the evolution and growth of event management study.
- Evaluate the role and function of different levels of events from community to global events.
- Describe and explain the different processes involved in event management.
- Appraise and explain the importance of understanding and managing all stakeholders in events.
- Identify, analyse and review existing research on event management.
- Demonstrate a commitment to a professional standard of behaviour based on professional ethics and conduct.
Faculty of Environment, Society and Design[email protected]