Events and Festivals: Contexts and Concepts
You’ll study the characteristics of the event and festival sector and look at the external environments that impact on events and festivals on a scale from local to global.
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe and evaluate event and festival forms, scales and characteristics.
- Identify and critically analyse the rationale and impact of events and festivals at various scales.
- Critically evaluate relevant published academic material in the area of events and festivals.
- Undertake independent research in topics related to events and festivals.
- Write and speak logically about contemporary issues surrounding the study of events and festivals.
Dr Joanna Fountain
Department of Tourism, Sport and Society[email protected]