You’ll learn the skills needed to carry out biological experimentation.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the underlying principles behind good scientific experimentation and demonstrate an awareness of the link between experimental design and statistical analysis.
- Explain the value of descriptive statistics and visual presentation of scientific results.
- Identify and utilise appropriate statistical significance tests to analyse data obtained from a range of experimental scenarios.
- Design and conduct a standard scientific research project.
- Process samples and biological material obtained from field experiments and record and collate measurements obtained in a systematic, logical manner.
- Utilise statistical software packages (R & Genstat) to analyse experimental data and correctly interpret the results.
- Write a standard scientific report.
- Give an oral presentation of research results using appropriate visual aids
Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences[email protected]