You’ll examine the time/value of money theory, that the money you have now is worth more than an identical sum in the future, how the theory applied and the fundamental role it plays in the financial environment.
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2021|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the different types of cash flow streams and annuities, the concept of time value of money, and the applications of discounted cash flow.
- Discuss financial yields, the loan redemption process, and the related applications in the financial environment.
- Describe the basic characteristics of bonds and stocks, and the related applications in security valuations and financial decisions.
- Discuss capital decisions and the applications within the financial environment.
- Conduct calculations using the discounted cash flow approach.
Professor Christopher Gan
Head of Department
Department of Financial and Business Systems[email protected]