You’ll grow your knowledge of different properties of food, understanding heat transfer, thermodynamics, evaporation, dehydration, relevance of engineering concepts in different food processing techniques.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2022|
Please note: This course can’t be fully completed online as you will need to be on campus to complete some activities.
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the measurement systems and engineering concepts employed in food engineering.
- Recognise the key thermophysical properties of foods, service fluids (air and steam) and food equipment.
- Understand rheology of foods.
- Explain the major mechanisms of heat transfer.
- Understand the major mechanisms of mass transfer.
- Analyse the engineering principles involved in processing and storage of foods.
- Calculate processing parameters controlled to ensure the quality of food during processing and preservation.
Dr Lokesh Kumar
Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences