You’ll grow your knowledge of different properties of food, understanding heat transfer, thermodynamics, evaporation, dehydration, relevance of engineering concepts in different food processing techniques.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2021|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the measurement systems and engineering concepts employed in food engineering.
- Recognise the key thermophysical properties of foods, service fluids (air and steam) and food equipment.
- Understand rheology of foods.
- Explain the major mechanisms of heat transfer.
- Understand the major mechanisms of mass transfer.
- Analyse the engineering principles involved in processing and storage of foods.
- Calculate processing parameters controlled to ensure the quality of food during processing and preservation.
Dr Maneesha S. Mohan
Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences[email protected]