Food Safety and Security
You’ll obtain advanced knowledge of microbiological and chemical hazards, including the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system and their importance across the food sectors.
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge and understanding of key topics in food safety and security at an advanced level.
- Understand microbiological food safety principles and practices to safeguard public health.
- Discuss the benefits, disadvantages, mechanisms of action of pesticides and the relevance of maximum reside limits in foods.
- Assimilate, assess, and analyse scientific data in food safety.
- Critically assess scientific data appertaining to risks, and in the design of food safety systems, to minimise microbial and chemical hazards in food production and processing.
- Implement strategies for assimilation, analysis and presentation of advanced subject matter.
Professor Stephen On
Associate Dean of Research
Department of Food, Wine and Molecular Biosciences[email protected]