You’ll learn to characterise and assess a freshwater resource and the current stresses that are put upon them.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2021|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain why freshwater resources and their ecosystems are vulnerable to change.
- Describe how water resources and their values are characterised, and how their limitations are evaluated.
- Recognise the hazards posed by water resources.
- Evaluate the effects of domestic and commercial water use on water resources, their subsequent use and aquatic ecosystems.
- Recognise the role of specialist skills (e.g. in aspects of science, engineering, planning) in water resource management.
Dr Helen Warburton
University of Canterbury - Freshwater Ecology[email protected]