Fruit Crop Production
You’ll be introduced to the principles and practices of commercial fruit crop establishment and production, with a focus in important fruit crops and their management.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principal issues in Aotearoa-New Zealand’s commercial fruit crop production.
- Understand specific features and characteristics associated with selected fruit crop plants and discuss how those features and characteristics influence the management and productivity of those crops.
- Grasp an understanding of pruning and training, fertilisation, irrigation, and plant protection for those crops.
- Explain the concept of fruit quality and when and how to harvest fruit crops including the determination of fruit condition and maturity.
- Execute commercial activities that are common when producing horticultural products, which includes seeding, potting, pricing, advertising and arranging plants for sale.
Faculty of Agribusiness and Commercejill.firstname.lastname@example.org