Fundamentals of Sport and Exercise Science
You’ll examine the science that underpins sport and exercise performance; the theory and principles of training and the physiological consequences of playing and training for sport and exercise.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss the changes that occur in the human body with exercise and training.
- Identify major muscles and joints of the human body and critically assess their function and how they are used to create movement.
- Outline the principles and theory of training and how they can be incorporated into an individualised training programme.
- Critically discuss the development of strength and endurance fitness along with the energy systems used in each.
- Identify techniques used to improve performance and recovery in athletes.
- Prescribe, monitor and evaluate exercise programmes designed to improve sport and exercise performance.
- Explore research examining training techniques, sport and performance.
- Understand collection and testing methods for determining sport and exercise performance.
- Effectively use search tools to identify reliable and trustworthy information and be able to correctly cite such information.
- Understand the ethical issues involved in exercise testing, evaluation and reporting.
Faculty of Environment, Society and Design[email protected]