GIS and Applications in Natural Resource Analysis
You’ll learn the use of GIS and special analysis tools for resource applications, problem-solving and planning for environmental issues as well as sustainable management of natural resources.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand and describe basic concepts and methods in Remote Sensing and Geographic Positioning Systems.
- Describe basic concepts related to cartography and mapping.
- Deconstruct spatial problems from a GIS practitioner’s perspective.
- Use problem solving skills to carry out an individual, GIS-based analysis project.
- Communicate GIS concepts, methods, results both in written form and orally.
- Demonstrate competency in the use of ArcGIS 10.5 and/or ArcGIS Pro software for data entry, manipulation, analysis, and modelling.
- Create and utilise a geodatabase.
- Incorporate GPS and remote sensing data into GIS projects.
- Carry out unsupervised and supervised classifications of satellite imagery.
- Create useful maps using symbology, 3D, and cartographic techniques.
Dr Crile Doscher
School of Landscape Architecture[email protected]