Grape Pest and Disease Management
You’ll delve deep into the biology of grapevine pests and diseases and their developments and then formulate effective, integrated pest and diseases management strategies and control methods.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
Please note: This course can’t be fully completed online as you will need to be on campus to complete some activities.
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the biology, development and spread of pests and diseases in the vineyard.
- Recognise and describe important pests and diseases of grape vines.
- Describe principles and practices of pest and disease management.
- Appraise the disease and pest potential of vineyards at all stages of crop development.
- Investigate life/disease cycles of the pests and diseases, recognise and develop suitable management strategies.
Dr Seona Casonato
Department of Pest Management and Conservation[email protected]