Horticultural Management Systems A
You’ll grow your knowledge of horticultural enterprise systems, identify the components and the relationships between them and also look at commercial management, production economics and enterprise budgeting.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic principles of horticultural management.
- Understand the importance of horticulture in the Aotearoa-New Zealand economy and understand some of the horticultural systems involved.
- Show an understanding of how New Zealand’s agribusiness and financial systems operate, including options for the acquisition of capital and debt servicing.
- Identify how land and other assets are valued, and understand the principle of rural and small business capital and finance.
- Recognise the different types of horticultural systems found in New Zealand.
- Observe, record, interpret and analyse physical and financial data for a horticultural enterprise.
Faculty of Agribusiness and Commerce[email protected]