Integrated Agribusiness and Food Marketing Strategy
You’ll gain advanced knowledge of national and international value chains.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
Your Academic Program is B.Agribusiness & Food Mktg, 4245
your Academic Progress Level is Third Year, 03
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the knowledge fields relevant to the different stages of global agribusiness and food value chains.
- Have a multi- and inter-disciplinary understanding of the bio-physical, environment and biological production systems and the impact of these on agribusiness and food supply chains.
- Explain the characteristics of global agribusiness industries and the theoretical concepts that underpin the formation, operation and management of agribusiness supply chains.
- Describe the important principles of marketing theory and practice, and the implementation of these as a competitive strategy for firms operating in global agribusiness and food markets.
- Explain challenges and constraints in the application of marketing principles to agri-food products.
- Relate the complexity of food composition to product quality and food safety systems that reflect consumer demand.
- Explain the different approaches and dimensions of sustainability relevant to different stakeholders in global agribusiness and food systems.
- Identify, understand and address problems and opportunities in agribusiness and food value chains.
- Integrate theory and practice from different disciplines to demonstrate a whole of supply chain perspective to complex social, economic and technical aspects of global food systems.
- Apply appropriate approaches, methods and tools to analyse, evaluate and solve problems related to real world agribusiness and food marketing issues.
Dr Nic Lees
Department of Agribusiness and Marketsnic.email@example.com