Introduction to Commercial Law
This course introduces you to the legal system in Aotearoa-New Zealand, including business entities, contract law, property laws, agency law, negligence, data protection and privacy laws.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss the importance of commercial entities appropriately managing their relationships with the macro-environment, as well as interactions and relationships with other businesses, human resources and customers.
- Accurately describe the basic elements of the law of contract, negligence, agency, privacy and property. This includes land and intellectual property.
- Effectively investigate methods of identifying and extracting useful information regarding regulatory compliance.
- Design a course of action based on your good grounding in law.
- Demonstrate your appreciation of how commercial law decisions can impact stakeholders.
- Recognise the need to stay up-to-date in your understanding of the legal environment relevant to the business area you operate within.
Professional Teaching Fellow in Law
Department of Financial and Business Systems[email protected]