Introduction to Property
You’ll get an introduction to the physical, legal and economic characteristics of rural and urban property and their markets, including the principles of investment and the role of property professionals.
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand how other disciplines relate to the property field of study.
- Describe and apply different approaches to investment analysis and assessment of value, according to particular property-based situations.
- Select and employ specific valuation methodologies in accordance with the requirement to assess property value.
- Appreciate the impact of land law and legal precedent as it applies to property.
- Explain the forces acting to affect property market supply, demand and pricing.
- Engage in independent and reflective learning about the study of property, property management and valuation.
- Rigorously analyse, critique and reflect on policy, in institutions and practices influencing property, development, and professional practice.
Professor Graham Squires
Professor of Property Studies
Faculty of Agribusiness and Commerce[email protected]