Introduction to the Winegrowing Industry
You’ll get to know the ins and outs of the grape and wine industry, with particular focus on production, marketing and tourism here in Aotearoa-New Zealand.
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2023|
Please note: This course can’t be fully completed online as you will need to be on campus to complete some activities.
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- List and describe factors important to the production of quality grapes and wine.
- Describe the basic processes of grape growing and wine making.
- Recognise the differences between major grape varieties and wine styles.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of wine marketing and behaviour of wine consumers.
- Explain the role that tourism plays in the wine industry.
- Be able to cite and summarise references in a correct and useful way.
Department of Wine, Food and Molecular Biosciencesolaf.email@example.com