Introduction to the Winegrowing Industry
You’ll get to know the ins and outs of the grape and wine industry, with particular focus on production, marketing and tourism here in Aotearoa-New Zealand.
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2021|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- List and describe factors important to the production of quality grapes and wine.
- Describe the basic processes of grape growing and wine making.
- Recognise the differences between major grape varieties and wine styles.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of wine marketing and behaviour of wine consumers.
- Explain the role that tourism plays in the wine industry.
- Be able to cite and summarise references in a correct and useful way.
Department of Wine, Food and Molecular Biosciences[email protected]