You’ll learn how to take your knowledge and apply it in the laboratory, learning how industry tackles biological problems. You’ll design, analyse and present the results of scientific experiments.
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2021|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the principles behind scientific experimentation and the relationship between experimental design and data analysis.
- Appreciate the importance of repeatable experiments and significant results.
- Recognise the importance of supporting claims with verifiable evidence.
- Understand the need to constructively criticise the literature with an awareness of the limitations of experimentation.
- Design a simple scientific research project to investigate an applied problem.
- Use standard laboratory techniques to analyse biological compounds.
- Analyse the data from your experiments and interpret the results.
- Successfully communicate your results and their implications.
Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences[email protected]