You’ll learn how to take your knowledge and apply it in the laboratory, learning how industry tackles biological problems. You’ll design, analyse and present the results of scientific experiments.
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2023|
Please note: This course can’t be fully completed online as you will need to be on campus to complete some activities.
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the principles behind scientific experimentation and the relationship between experimental design and data analysis.
- Appreciate the importance of repeatable experiments and significant results.
- Recognise the importance of supporting claims with verifiable evidence.
- Understand the need to constructively criticise the literature with an awareness of the limitations of experimentation.
- Design a simple scientific research project to investigate an applied problem.
- Use standard laboratory techniques to analyse biological compounds.
- Analyse the data from your experiments and interpret the results.
- Successfully communicate your results and their implications.
Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences[email protected]