Livestock Production Science
Determine the genetic potential for productivity in flocks and herds, with study of the scientific principles of nutrition, reproduction, growth, animal welfare and health applied to animal production systems.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
Please note: This course can’t be fully completed online as you will need to be on campus to complete some activities.
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the relevance and application of key principles underlying successful livestock production systems.
- Extract and evaluate information from discussion and literature and apply it to problem-solving.
- Demonstrate critical thinking by analysing and integrating new information into your understanding of issues.
- Recognise the interdependence between scientific knowledge and its application to agriculture.
- Demonstrate a sense of social responsibility and understanding of the roles of agriculture and agricultural production in the social and political environment.
Dr Andrew Greer
Head of Department
Department of Agricultural Sciences[email protected]