Macroeconomic Issues and Policies
Study macroeconomic concepts and approaches, so that you’re prepared to understand, analyse and critically review macroeconomic issues and policies.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 1 2024|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand and explain the determinants and components of national income.
- Explain how the monetary system works.
- Apply the IS-LM model to explain and analyse economic fluctuations.
- Recognise and understand business cycles, and analyse policy-makers’ responses to economic fluctuations.
- Analyse monetary and fiscal policy under different exchange rate regimes.
Dr Puneet Vatsa
Department of Global Value Chains and Tradepuneet.firstname.lastname@example.org