Policy and Practice
You’ll gain an insight into the processes involved in the development and implementation of policy and professional services in the recreation, sport, tourism and social sectors.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2024|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify and assess key concepts for policy-makers and practitioners in Aotearoa-New Zealand.
- Examine the characteristics of professionalism and best practice in your chosen sector.
- Describe the processes used to develop and implement policy at local, regional and national, levels across the recreation, sport, tourism and social sectors.
- Discuss government and local authority decision-making processes and how these influence policy outcomes in the recreation, sport, tourism and social sectors.
- Assess the impacts of policy decisions and implementation using relevant tools and techniques.
Dr Emma J. Stewart
Faculty of Environment, Society and Designemma.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Stephen Espiner
Faculty of Environment, Society and Designstephen.email@example.com